Taihape Gumboot Day Saturday 4 March 2017 at Taihape Memorial Park (Kokako Street) 10 am to 4 pm.
Come to Taihape and spend a great fun filled family day out.
Gold coin entry fee/koha.
Lots of FREE activities!!
- 10 am - 1.45 pm - Skellerup Gumboot Throwing followed by the North Island Championship's. CASH PRIZES for OPEN men's and women's,. and Youth sections.
- 10.30am - 2.00 pm - Tai-happy Zone - Gumboot plank racing, sack racing, 3 legged racing, gumboot in a barrel, egg and spoon racing.
- 10.30 am - 2.00 pm - New - The Great Taihape Rock Hunt go to our Facebook page "#Taihape Rocks".
- 10.30 am - 2.00 pm - New - Taihape Dig - 8 years and under.
- 12.15 pm to 12.45 pm - Human - Dog Barking Competition.
- 11.00 am - 12.30 pm - New - The Taihape Gumboot Gallop - Open with age handicaps - 1st prize $100 donated by Matt Hobbs Plumbing & Drainlaying. YOu must bring your own gumboots!!!!
- 11.30 am - 12 noon - Fire Brigade Display.
- 12.15 pm - 12.45 pm - (Human) Dog Barking Competition.
- 12.45 pm - 1.15 pm - Ronald McDonald.
- 1.00 pm - How to Dad - Jordan Watson - Gumboot Throwing. Then 1.45 pm - 2.15 pm
- 1.15 pm - 1.45 pm - Getting the Girls Out!!
- 2.15 pm - North Island Gumboot Throwing Championships.
- 3.30 pm - Egg throwing and catching - after North Island Gumboot Throwing Championship's.
- Art Competitions - A3 Paper Gumboot, Decorate a Hat competition - Judged Friday and displayed at Gumboot Day.
- New - Fred Dagg Scarecrow Competition - Judged Friday and displayed on Tui Street on Gumboot Day.
- Taihape Pharmacy Photo Competition - Judged Friday and displayed at Gumboot Day.
- Lot of food, fundraising, information, arts & crafts stalls.
All art compeitons need to be at the Taihape Town Hall by 5 pm Friday 3rd March. Late entries will not be judged, byt will be displayed at Gumboot Day.
Programme times are subject to change, we have so much happening, just trying to make it all fit!! Keep on eye on the website for updates.
Sponsors: Talk Up Taihape (TCDT - Taihape Community Development Trust), Rangitikei District Council, New Zealand Boot Throwing Association, Skellerup NZ, Dudding Trust, Pub Charity, Byfords Construction Ltd, WPI-International, Event Safety Medic, Taihape Rotary, Taihape Area School, Matt Hobbs Plumbing & Drainlaying, Taihape Plumbing, The Downs Group - Marton, Taihape Engineering Ltd, Peak FM, Taihape Honda, Andrea Spicer Jeweller, Rangitikei Tech Ltd, Taihape Pharmacy(AFT Pharmaceuticals - Crystaderm, Maxigesic), The Wool Company, Kiwi Property Group (The Plaza Palmerston North), Tarata Fishaway Lodge, Little Blue Lamb, TMS Motors Ltd, Taihape Farmlands, PGG Wrightsons, Taihape Liquorland, Mitre 10 Marton, Taihape McDonald's, Subway Taihape, Wild Roses, Aspen Court Motel, Rusty Nail Backpackers, ElcoDirect Wool Buyers, Bonds Jewellers, Blush Florist, Deja Vu, Taihape Majestic Theatre, Hautapu Rural Supplies, Fred Hammer & Co, Taihape Museum, Taihape New World, Kairanga Eggs, Ruapehu Farm Supplies, Harcourts - Marie Frost, Gilmours - Palmerston North, Spaceys, Crimpys Contracting, Ballance, Greenstone Insurance, Sport Whanganui, Incept Marine, O'Connor Contracting, Fairfax Media.
Stallholders: If you are interested in coming to Gumboot Day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021156412
Who's coming: Greyhounds as Pets, Jehovah Witness, Taihape Fitness, Mainly Music Taihape, Saint Davids Outreach, Westpac Taihape, Taihape Playcetre, Paua, Taihape Museum, Fundraiser for Raro, Meremade, Tupperware - Whanganui, Jake and Lucy Donovan, G & E Enterprizes, Wendy's Handknitted Toys, Air brushed Tatoos, Taihape Area School, Rata Olives, The Sausage Hut, Coffee Cab, Curry Up Now, Curry Box Palmerston North, Babikas Table, Vintage Car Club, Ronald Mcdonald, Getting the Girls Out, Taihape Fire Brigade, How to Dad - Jordan Watson, Motorbike rides - fundraising for Taihape Youth Hutt.
Helpers and Volunteers: Keith Rowland, Curly and Bronwyn Troon, Richard Aslett AKA Fred Dagg, Michael Cathills, Mayor Andy Watson, Julie and Steven Clark, Taihape Rotary, Taihape Area School, Stewart Rover Scouting Crew, Ray Seymour, Tania Maclean - REAP, Jack and Lynsie Horton, Ralph Rogers, Steve & Karen Hollander, Steve Cross, Ariana Hansen, O'Taihape Maori Wardens, Simon Beckett, Teri Tong, Cynthia Hammer, Shonda Devane, Evelyn George, Taihape Youth, Rata Sidwell, PGG Wrightsons, Westpac Taihape, Paly Rocks, Dell Adams, Taihape Childcare Centre, St Josephs After School Care, Papanui School, and Organisers Michelle Fannin -Talk Up Taihape (TCDT) and Elizabeth MortlandNew Zealand Boot Thorowing Association (NZBTA) .
Taihape Gumboot Day is organised by Talk Up Taihape (Taihape Community Development Trust) with support from New Zealand Boot-throwing Association and Taihape Rotary.