Taihape Gumboot Day Saturday 4 March 2017 at Taihape Memorial Park (Kokako Street) 10 am to 4 pm.
Come to Taihape and spend a great fun filled family day out.
Gold coin entry fee/koha.
Lots of FREE activities!!
- Gumboot Throwing from 10 am - 2 pm Followed by the North Island Championship's
- Egg throwing and catching
- Tai-happy Zone - Gumboot plank racing, sack racing, 3 legged racing, gumboot in a Barrel, egg and spoon racing.
- Human - Dog Barking Competition
- New - The Taihape Gumboot Gallop,
- New - The Great Taihape Rock Hunt go to our facebook page "Taihape Rocks".
- New - Taihape Dig - 8 years and under
- Ronald McDonald
- Art Competitions - A 3 Paper Gumboot, Decorate a Hat competition
- New - Fred Dagg Scarecrow Competition
- Taihape Pharmacy Photo Competition, Home-brew Competition.
- Lot of food, fundraising, information, arts & crafts stalls.
Sponsors: Talk Up Taihape (TCDT - Taihape Community Development Trust), Rangitikei District Council, New Zealand Boot Throwing Association, Skellerup NZ, Duddings Trust, Pub Charity, Eventsafety Medic, Taihape Rotary, Taihape Area School, Andrea Spicer Jeweller, Taihape Pharmacy, TMS Motors Ltd, PGG Wrightsons, Taihape Liquorland, Taihape McDonald's, ElcoDirect Wool Buyers.
Stallholders: If you are interested in coming to Gumboot Day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 021156412
Helpers and Volunteers: Keith Rowland, Curly and Bronwyn Troon, Richard Aslett AKA Fred Dagg, Michael Cathills, Mayor Andy Watson, Taihape Rotary, Taihape Area School, Sport Whanganui, Stewart Rover Scouting Crew, Ray Seymour.
Taihape Gumboot Day is organised by Talk Up Taihape (Taihape Community Development Trust) with support from New Zealand Boot-throwing Association and Taihape Rotary.